HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
SERVPRO OF METAIRIE would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Memorial Day! We remember, thank and appreciate all of the men and women who protect and serve our country!
We would also like to remind everyone to stay alert and safe when grilling this weekend. Below is a handy little check list to keep in mind!
- Grill outside away from structures: Pay attention to overhanging tree branches when setting up your grill.
- Make sure your grill is stable: Be sure the grill cannot tip over. Set up your grill on a flat surface. Consider using a grill pad or splatter mat underneath your grill to protect your deck or patio.
- Keep your grill clean: remove any grease or fat buildup from the grill and the tray below the grill. If you are using a charcoal grill, allow the coals to completely cool off before disposing them in a metal container.
- Check for propane leaks on your gas grill: check the gas tank hose for leaks. One way you can check is by applying a light soap and water solution to the hose and then turning on the gas. If there is a propane leak, the solution will bubble. Other signs of a propane leak include the smell of gas near the barbecue or a flame that won’t light.
- Never leave the grill UNATTENDED: Remember the grill will stay hot for at least an hour after use, therefore Don’t allow kids or pets to play near the grill.
- Always be prepared to put out a fire: Clothing can easily be caught on fire from shirt tails or aprons. Have baking soda on hand to control a grease fire. You should never use water to put out a grease fire!