Don't Let Coronavirus Stop Your Hurricane Plans
We have all been so focused on the coronavirus, we tend to forget that we are in the middle of hurricane season. Did you know SERVPRO of Metairie offers an Emergency Ready Plan? The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan (ERP) is a start up approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services should your business experience a loss.
Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it is a small leak, large fire or area flood. The best time for planning for such events is not when the disaster happens, but well before it happens.
The SERVPRO ERP Advantage- What is included?
- A concise profile document that contains the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster
- Establishes a great relationship with SERVPRO Metairie as your mitigation provider
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin in a timely manner
- Provides facility details such as shut off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information
- ERP easy access on any iPhone/Android device through SERVPRO’s free ERP app.
The best part? This is not cost to you or your clients.
SERVPRO Metairie is the leader in water and fire damage response and can help you get back into working order “Like it never even happened.”
Call us today to schedule your Emergency Ready Profile with SERVPRO Metairie.
SERVPRO of Metairie would like to wish everyone a safe and Happy Fourth of July!
A few safety tips to ensure you will have a blast without creating a blast!
It’s that time of year again, the time where you gather all of your family and friends, barbeque, cool off with some water activities, and pop fireworks to celebrate our nation’s independence. SERVPRO of Metairie wanted to remind everyone of a few safety tips.
- ALWAYS READ AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS
- ALWAYS HAVE AN ADULT PRESENT
- ONLY LIGHT FIREWORKS OUTSIDE
- LIGHT THEM ON A HARD FLAT SURFACE
- LIGHT ONE AT A TIME
- DO NOT CARRY THEM AROUND IN YOUR POCKET
- KEEP WATER OR A FIRE EXTINGUISHER HANDY
- DO NOT THROW FIREWORKS
Hurricane Season Is Near!
Hurricane Season Is Near!
Helpful Tips To Help You Prepare Your Home...
SECURE YOUR HOUSE DOORS: Add bolts at the top and bottom of your doors. Strong winds can easily rip doors off hinges. It is also a good idea to calk doors to prevent rain from getting in.
STORM PROOF YOUR WINDOWS: Living in Louisiana storm shutters are a key asset when trying to defend your home of a hurricane. However, old fashion plywood will do the trick as well, keep in mind it should be at least 5/8 inches thick. Caulking the cracks around your windows will also prevent heavy rains from getting inside your home and decreases the chances of moisture damage.
STRAP DOWN YOUR ROOF: Hurricane straps and clamps are handy little tools to insure you that your roof is fastened to the frame.
SECURE OUTDOOR YARD ITEMS: Find a safe place such a garage or shed to store all of your patio furniture, grill, and lawn decor. Make sure no lose items are left to be blown through a window.
SAFETY PROOF YOUR LANDSCAPING: Lastly, trim trees and bushes to minimalism debris. Tie down smaller trees and shrubs, and move all potted plants indoors.