Mid-City Fire & Water Restoration
All it takes is the tiniest teeny flame and poof! A fire starts without warning and absolutely no planning. On Thursday May 2, 2019 the residents of a New Orleans apartment complex experienced the imminent fear when a three alarm fire suddenly took place. Thankfully no injuries were reported however, this instance helps you to think twice about fire safety and preventatives.
When moving, most people are so burnt out from all the packing and hauling when it comes time for the unloading they simply place boxes down wherever. The majority of people will place kitchen boxes on the counter tops and stove without thinking twice. It’s just another surface. What people don’t think twice about is the danger of doing so. While moving into the apartment, newly tenants had placed a box of their belongings on top of the stove, which hit the knob without any knowledge of it. This caused the box to go up in flames and spread. Thankfully the fire department was able to put out the fire promptly. Unfortunately by doing so not only did the Miid-Ciity, New Orleans complex suffer fire damage but also water damage as well.
SERVPRO of Metairie plans for the unexpected! The team was able to get to the location in just a few short hours after the fire took place. They began to start water mitigation using dehumidifiers and air scrubbers. Residents were pleased with the results, by getting the equipment in so quickly it was able to eliminate the odor and got it under control.
SERVPRO of Metairie is available to help any local home or business restore their water or fire damaged property. Call the trusted restoration leaders in the Greater New Orleans area, SERVPRO of Metairie for any of your needs. (504) 496-0193.