Tis' the Season Season for Fires
Avoid Tragedy This Holiday Season!
Tis’ the season for the most wonderful time of the year including candy canes, hot chocolate, presents, santa claus, christmas trees, pretty lights, and cozy nights by fires! However, in the restoration world tis’ the season for fire remediation! You’d be surprise how often christmas trees catch fire. Between 2013-2018, U.S. fire departments responded to an average of 160 home fires that started with a christmas tree. Fire damage is probably the last thing on your mind, but you may want to move it up on your list of priorities; preparation is the key. The first 48 hours after a fire often makes the difference between ‘restoring’ vs. ‘replacing’ your property and personal belongings.
SERVPRO® of Metairie provides a timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke and soot removal, to content claims inventory and document restoration. Here is a timeline to help ease your mind of what should be done before and after SERVPRO® of Metairie arrives:
- One Hour: Within one hour from notice of loss, a SERVPRO® of Metairie professional will contact you to arrange for service.
- Four Hours: Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO® of Metairie technician will be onsite to start mitigation services.
- Detailed Explanation: A trained SERVPRO® of Metairie employee will walk you through the job process step-by-step, explaining what to expect and the anticipated outcome.
- Pretesting: A SERVPRO® of Metairie employee will begin pretesting for restoration, working from the source of the damage outward.
- Eight Hours: Within eight hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope is communicated to the appropriate person.
- Cleaning, Restoration, & Deodorization: SERVPRO® of Metairie will work neatly and efficiently to help you regain control of your property. We then use advance restoration techniques to make it “Like it never even happened.”
- Final Walk-through: After the work has been completed, a final walk-through will be conducted with you to help ensure your satisfaction.
SERVPRO® of Metairie responds quickly, offering a full line of fire cleanup and restoration services to help you return home as soon as possible. Before risking further damage by attempting to clean up the damage on your own, call the fire damage clean up and restoration professionals at (504)-496-0193
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!